Results improve from earlier multiple-vendor staffing model
Using multiple staffing vendors at various locations seemed to be a reasonable approach for this global manufacturing powerhouse. In practice, it created a decentralized, hard-to-manage environment. Pleased by Malone’s grasp of their staffing problems, the client transitioned their staffing program at all locations to Malone.
Designer and manufacturer of innovative products for underground construction
This firm is an industry-leading provider of ground support solutions for the underground mining, construction, tunneling, and civil engineering industries. They have manufacturing plants on five continents and operations in more than 25 countries; they have facilities in five states in the U.S. and one in Canada.
Using multiple staffing vendors at various locations created inefficiencies and headaches
At first, this client’s use of a number of different staffing vendors at their various locations seemed a reasonable approach. In practice, it proved difficult to manage. Inconsistent performance of vendors resulted in low fill rates, unqualified candidates, onboarding problems, and a mishmash of reporting formats and information. Specific issues included:
- Some vendors were inconsistent in performing candidate background checks and drug screenings.
- Inadequate candidate vetting led to higher employee turnover and costs.
- Managing multiple vendors was costly and took too much time.
- Keeping track of total spending with multiple staffing vendors was difficult given the lack of transparency.
Malone stood out in providing consistently high quality candidates and responsive service. As a result, the firm decided to transition all their staffing service needs to Malone.
Virtual recruiting and consistent onboarding improve candidate quality & retention
Over six months, this client transitioned their staffing service needs at all of their locations to Malone. Using a centralized staffing approach based on its virtual recruiting model, Malone ramped up its recruiting and placement of temp-to-hire candidates.
With their focus on meeting a set of mutually agreed upon Key Performance Indicators (KPI), Malone adeptly managed the entire staffing endeavor, employing consistent onboarding processes and providing reports that measured success against attaining KPIs. Malone took a number of steps to improve this client’s recruiting success and retention rates including:
- Helping candidates develop necessary “soft” skills
- Expanding the list of worker benefits including a 401k
- Using “stay” interviews as well as exit interviews and applying interview findings to increase employee retention rates
Consolidating staffing requirements with Malone provides cost savings and a better workforce
The benefits of moving their staffing requirements to Malone have been impressive. They include:
- Significant savings of recruiting expenses
- Reduced employee turnover
- Higher quality of their workforce through improved hiring from better screening/interviewing techniques
- A dedicated Malone account recruiter to improve communications and management of the recruiting process.
Through Malone, this client has access to the resources and capabilities of a larger recruiting organization combined with a tailored approach. The entire staffing process has been streamlined, and reports now provide the client with visibility into results, costs, and a wealth of other information by location.