Job ID: 566408
Production Supervisor (1st shift)
- Salary: $50 – $60k annually, depending on exp.
- Direct Hire position with a great company!
- Location: Brazil, IN (47834)
- 4-day work week! (M-TH)
- Shift: 1st shift
The production supervisor’s primary function is to direct and manage production activities in their designated areas. Ensuring the area meets the production schedule and that the items produced are consistent with the design team’s drawing and blueprints.
- Ensure individual and employee compliance with all safety rules and requirements
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; grievance resolution; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manage and direct the activities of employees to ensure that the production, quality, and safety requirements are consistently met. This includes the following but is not limited to the following activities:
- Defines staffing plan for the week based on production volume, prepares line for successful start of next shift
- Manages rework/defects/scrap created by his team and implements preventative measures, implements and follows up on Lean Manufacturing activities
- Performs safety observations, defines and reviews standard work together with ME department
- Updates team training matrices
- Attending weekly “Review Meetings” that consist of comparing the Sales Order information and the Bill of Materials to identify any discrepancies and to make sure a resolution is obtained before the particular job is started on the production floor
- Coordinate with other Supervisors and the Superintendent to resolve any issues that could prevent the production schedule from being met
- Work with the Engineering Department to resolve any issues that arrive during the build process that could result in a Quality, Safety, or performance issue with the product being produced
- Communicate with the Production Manager and the ME/Maintenance Manager to ensure tooling, quality, and safety concerns are addressed while maintaining the production schedule
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: High School/or GED required
- Experience: Team Leader experience
- Knowledge and/or skill in all processes that he/ she is responsible for. This includes production techniques and procedures, safety rules and regulations, inspection criteria and methods and plant wide initiatives
- Ability to effectively instruct, direct, supervise, and lead individuals and teams of people
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and other customer specifications
- Ability to operate a computer and use basic database, spreadsheet, word-processing and email programs
- Aptitude to learn and retain new information
- Ability to organize and manage tasks effectively
Malone Solutions and their partner company are both equal opportunity employers.