Job ID: 554605
Malone Staffing Solutions is hiring a multi-skilled individual for a Packaging Operator for a Fortune 500 company, is a leading global provider of mission-critical products and services to customers in the biopharma, healthcare, education & government, and advanced technologies & applied materials industries in Paris, Ky.
Packaging Operator Benefits:
- 1st shift – $21.06/hr pay
- 4 will go to solvents on a 7am-3:30pm M-F (there is some scheduled mandatory OT here and there on Saturdays currently) and 4 will go to mfg which runs on a 2-2-3 schedule, spreading 4 shifts (A/B/C/D) from 6a-6p or 6p-6a. Training will preferably be on days for the mfg candidates, however, there is a slight need on nights so there's a chance we will need some to convert to nights or start there from the beginning. Will have additional details on certainties asap.
- Weekly Pay
- Temporary to hire positions
- Monday – Friday
- Overtime available
- Benefits available
Packaging Operator Duties:
- Adhere to all safety precautions and PPE (personal protection equipment) requirements while completing the assigned duties in a safe manner.
- Responsible for ensuring the lines are set-up and running to the production schedule in accordance to the work orders Understand line and pump configuration and be able to clean and inspect lines as well as perform line change-overs as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and ensure that items that fail checks are addressed.
- Stage and unload railcars and tank trucks.
- Take bulk samples from both railcars and tank trucks and deliver to QC lab.
- Take particle count samples and run particle count tests.
- Prepare customer trucks to include sealing, sampling, and associated paperwork. Inspect and close MPOs.
- Keep accurate production records.
- Collaborates with Supervisors and Maintenance Personnel, to determine equipment set-up and operations.
- Monitor and assist assigned packaging operators.
- Works with the Quality Assurance Department to understand, recognize and rectify quality issues. Has the authority and responsibility to stop the line and notify QA of a contamination event.
- Ability to perform the duties of both a packaging operator and material handler.
- Comply with all cGMP requirements.
- Manage hazardous and universal waste according to local, state and federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned with or without accommodation
Packaging Operator Skill & Education Requirements:
- Must have proper PPE available
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1 – 3 years of related experience in a manufacturing facility, preferable a chemical plant
- Must be willing to submit and pass a drug screen
- Must be willing to submit and pass background
- The ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated mechanical ability
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and problem analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills including the ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language
- Strong basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
- Critical decision-making skills, creativity, multi-tasking ability
- RCRA Training
- May be exposed to both extreme heat and cold. Typical of production area: occasional noise, heat, fumes and dust
Job Type: Full-time, hourly
Job posting #: Paris 3224
Malone Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer