Job ID: 553023
We are seeking a motivated Staff Accountant to join our Accounting/Finance Team. Join a company with booked business, great benefits, a hybrid work schedule, work/life balance, and an AWESOME TEAM!
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Specialist performs hands-on accounting functions simultaneously to ensure efficiency and compliance, specifically responsible for recording, processing, and reconciling Accounts Receivable (AR), Accounts Payable (AP), and Bank Accounts, and completing ACH transfers for electronic payments. He or she complies with generally accepted accounting principles, applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws, and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Accounts Receivable (AR): Maintains customer file, endure all customer documents (e.g. sales tax exemption certificates) collected and saved, and respond to customer inquiries; Prepare AR invoices; Prepare and reconcile AR aging reports on a regular basis, following up as needed; Receive and process cash and check receipts for deposit; Assist in the month-end close by reconciling AR aging reports, and the general ledger; Reconcile and resolve any accounting discrepancies related to AR accounts and related revenue accounts.
- Support the company in optimizing our financial transactions and systems by performing reconciliation of payments and customer accounts. Communicate discrepancies to management team, identify slow-paying customers, and recommend collection candidates. Strengthen and grow relationships with clients by communicating with customers regarding past-due accounts. Monitor and collect accounts receivable by contacting clients via telephone, email, and mail.
- Support other accounting and finance functions, including Account Payable, daily cash recons, posting journal entries, preparing the monthly sales tax and vendor advance reports, and assist with month end close.
- Fosters an atmosphere of open communication, respect, mutual support, flexibility, continuous learning, humility, good humor, and commitment to business goals and customer needs to fulfill the company vision.
- Finance and accounting skills, with understanding and working knowledge of accounting practices including AP, AR, financial reporting, tax and audit functions and so forth necessary; must have knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications.
- Must be able to multi-task, manage and prioritize multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to work efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Must have strong problem solving and critical thinking skills, ability to gather and analyze information and data skillfully, and demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be customer focused with demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships and foster trust and cooperation among co-workers, customers, and vendors.
- A self-starter with ability to work and achieve goals independently and efficiently as well as be a strong collaborative partner necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills (effective listening, written and oral, telephone and face-to-face) are required to interface across departments, with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
- Must have basic knowledge of computer systems and be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, Project, Excel, and Power Point, Lotus Notes, accounting software (Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012) preferred.
- Experience in D365 is a plus.
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel; very good with spreadsheets
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated successful accounting experience, preferably in a corporate setting.
- Associate degree or equivalent in accounting