Job ID: 550620
Are you looking to make a career change? The future of dental care is rapidly evolving, and technology plays a major role in shaping it. Malone Solutions is currently hiring Dental Tech Trainees in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Learns basic tooth morphology and anatomy.
- Learns to fabricate and repair dental prosthesis and dental appliances such as dentures, partials, crowns and bridges, inlay/onlay, veneers, and implant restorations.
- Learns to read and interpret dental prescriptions.
- Familiarizes self with wide range of materials, such as metal (precious, non-precious, gold) or not metal materials (porcelain, composite, acrylic, polyurethane, co-polyester, thermo plastic) and their use in fabricating dental restorations.
- Learns and practices restoring natural teeth and correcting dental irregularities by manufacturing fixed or removable appliances.
- Develops technical knowledge to make decisions when fabricating dental prosthesis.
- May learn basics of replacing partial or total loss of natural teeth by constructing partial or full dentures (metal and non-metal).
- Familiarizes self with names and functions of various types of hand tools and equipment (electric drills, presses, lathes, high-heat furnaces, etc.).
- Practices using various types of hand tools and equipment (electric drills, presses, lathes, high-heat furnaces, etc.).
- Documents learning by completing quizzes and worksheets.
- Works under supervision of trainers, and asks for assistance and/or clarification regarding technical issues.
- Learns quality standard protocol, and steps taken to ensure compliance with protocol.
- Learns to recognize problem cases that need additional prep work.
- Learns to work independently and seek help if needed.
Education and Experience:
- No previous experience required.
- Prior dental experience or background, a plus.
- Previous experience working in positions that require hand and finger dexterity, a plus.
Pay Rate: $17/hr plus 10% shift differential
Malone is an Equal Opportunity Employer.