Job ID: 546668
Hourly Pay: $25 – $32 (based on experience)
Location: Elma, NY
Position Type: 12 months to permanent
- Grind a wide variety of complex parts having either intricate recessing, interim grooving, numerous steps, tapers, unusual contours, to extremely close tolerances and/or a high degree of finish on two or more of the following type grinders: cylindrical, internal, or surface. Perform own set-ups to include chucking and aligning of parts having irregular shapes. Select proper wheels, speeds, reeds, and operating sequence.
- Dress wheels for form, taper, steps, straight and unusual forms. Inspect own work using sine bars, air gages, diatest, V-blocks, profilometers angle plates, and electronic gaging equipment. Work from blueprints, operation sheets, and verbal instructions.
- Work in shim cell fabricating custom shims in short lead times to close tolerance specs to aid in short lead time builds.
- Education: High School diploma or GED required. Machining trade a plus.
- Candidate must possess more than 2 year of Machinist experience (NOT SIMPLY MACHINE OPERATION).
- 2 or more years of grind experience.
- Must be comfortable setting-up and troubleshooting mechanical issues with Grinders & Grinding operations.
- Must be comfortable using various measuring equipment such as Micrometers, Calipers, and Dial Bore Gauges.
- Precision grind experience who is comfortable working with Geometric Tolerances (GD&T) and extreme close tolerances, typically +/- .0003-0005.
- Grinding on OD & Surface with some manual turning experience is preferable.
Malone Workforce Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.