To Apply for this Job Click Here
Job ID: 367334
Our client, a leading formulator and manufacturer of specialty coatings, adhesives, and sealants serving the construction and industrial end markets. Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Technician will provide maintenance support for both mechanical and electrical equipment ensuring the plant operates at the highest level of uptime and efficiency. Perform all maintenance functions within company defined Environmental, Health and Safety guidelines and sustain a clean and organized maintenance department.
Pay: $ 28 – 34 (based on experience)
Shift: 1st M-F (OT as necessary)
Location: Chicago, IL
Position Type: Direct Hire
- Adhere to all OSHA safety requirements as it relates to the duties of maintenance operations.
Complete all required OSHA or corporate training courses as defined by management before conducting tasks.
- Wear proper PPE as required for the task at hand.
- Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, perform preventative and corrective maintenance activities.
- Install or repair pumps, motors, conveyors, filler lines, plant equipment or other devices required to maintain production uptime.
- Typical equipment includes, but not limited to: 1) process pumps and mixing equipment, 2) pneumatic components and control systems, 3) hydraulic components and control systems, 4) power transmission systems (gearboxes, chains, drives, etc), 4) relay logic, 5) field instrumentation, 6) PLC/DCS troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot equipment issues and provide supervisor or management a repair solution including parts list and timeline.
- Perform basic electrical tasks such as wring motors, VFDs control panels or other low and high voltage equipment.
- Maintain maintenance shop in a clean, organized, professional condition, following all safety requirements for hazardous materials.
- Keep all tools, power equipment, and other tools of the trade in a clean and safe working condition.
- Ensure all documentation for LOTO, Confined Space, Hot Work and other related safety documents are completed before performing any work .
- Maintain effective and positive communication with production staff.
- Keep supervisors and management aware of pending issues and status of installation or repair.
- Coordinate preventative maintenance tasks on key plant equipment and ensure completion of those tasks.
- Strive to meet safety targets or objectives set by the supervisor or management.
Experience and Skills Requirements
- A minimum of 1 year performing mechanical duties in a manufacturing or similar environment.
- Highly experienced background installing/repairing air pumps, PD Pumps, pneumatic valves, gearboxes.
- Ability to install and wire 100 hp electric motors, limit switches, photoelectric sensors, VFDs.
- Exhibit a strong problem-solving aptitude when it comes to mechanical equipment.
- Operate Forklift, Man Lift, Scissor Lift, or other similar equipment.
- Order parts, check paperwork on receipt of parts.
- Attend safety meetings, conduct safety audits.
- Safely perform all other duties as required by supervisor on an as needed basis.
- Computer skills.
- Welding certifications plus strong pipe fitting and electrical skills.
- Able to read technical documents.
- Experience with preventative maintenance programs.
- Background working with asphalt related products or equipment.
- Advanced education or training in engineering, mechanics or technical related fields.
Understanding of boiler and or hot oil systems.
- Must have 20/20 or corrected 20/20 vision.
- Strong communication skills.
- Employee must have full range of motion to stand, walk, sit, reach, climb, stoop or kneel.
- Employee must be able to stand for extended periods.
- Employee must be able to complete repetitive strenuous work under varying climate conditions.
- Employee must be able to safely lift up to 70 Lbs.
- Must be able to work at heights in excess of 40 feet without concern.
- Must be able to work in a plant environment with varying levels of temperature and physical requirements.
APPLY TODAY for a BETTER TOMORROW!
Malone Workforce Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.