To Apply for this Job Click Here
Job ID: 348933
Associate Production Engineer
Pay: $60,800 – $76,000 (Based on experience)
Location: Windsor, CT
Position Type: Direct Hire
• Conduct design, inspections, modeling and analysis of new and repaired turbine, compressor, and combustor components
• Apply CPEX tools and concepts on product/process subsystems or manufacturing systems
• Optimize the production process, product design using a robust lean problem-solving methodology, with quantifiable impact to business metrics
• Develop KPIs to effectively manage process and product outcomes
• Utilize project management skills to lead assigned projects/programs to successful completion considering technical, budgetary, manpower and schedule requirements
• Collaborate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment to develop component designs and repairs; which meet site, Chromalloy and customer requirements for cost, performance, and durability.• Assist in making technical decisions on product/process design and provide definition to the team to ensure mutual success.
• Owns technical aspects of assigned components and or processes from initial concept through all manufacturing stages.
• Identify, develop, and implement tooling/equipment improvements. Troubleshoot process/production problems and implement actions/solutions, monitor sustainability of actions, and report out results.
• Prepare accurate written technical reports, specifications, procedures, and manuals
• Prepare and deliver presentations of work to all levels of external and internal customers
• Work in a lab and field environments. Occasional travel required.
Responsible for technical/production support, process/product development and optimization of Aerospace and Industrial gas turbine systems for assigned areas and its applicability to NPI, Repair and OEM businesses. Leading moderate scope project teams producing new designs, repairs, and processes; utilizing Lean tools and methodologies to positively impact the business metrics.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
• Develops and implements technical solutions to a range of technical problems in a cross-functional team environment. Develops solutions that are innovative, thorough, practical, and consistent with organization objectives.
• Works with limited supervision in all aspects of role; determining priorities within assigned projects, requesting necessary resources internal and external, collaborating with peers in order to develop the designs, processes and or solutions needed to meet yearly goals and objectives
• Understands matrix organizational structures and has the ability to maneuver through formal and informal channels to accomplish goals.
• Leverages all CPEX tools across all aspects of the role to better the operational and financial performance of the department and site.
• Consistently demonstrates our Values and Continuous Improvement Culture
• Takes initiative to make recommendations and act on high impact priorities
• Understand direct responsibility and the role within the team; balances operational and functional priorities. Develops mutual trust with supervisors and cross-functional peers.
• Understand place in the overall vision of the company and routinely asks where the business/site/function are going
1-3 years of experience in the Aerospace or Industrial gas turbine engine mechanical design discipline
BS Engineering (Mechanical or Aerospace)
• Knowledge of gas turbine design methodologies yielding cost effective, producible designs
• Knowledge of gas turbine manufacturing processes, finite element analysis, and 3D CAD modeling
• Knowledge of various measuring techniques including CMM, white-light/laser scanning, gages, … etc. and their use in developing designs
• Familiar with aerodynamic, performance, and heat transfer disciplines
• Familiar with all aspects of airfoil manufacturing (casting, machining, …etc.) and inspections
• Interpretation of engineering drawings and manufacturing specifications
• Knowledge of FAA guidelines for PMA and RS-DER requirements and compliance testing preferred
• Working knowledge of program management tools and skill set
• Thoughtful and effective communications skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
Malone Workforce Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.