Job ID: 329205
Pay: $ 65,000 – $ 85,000 (based on experience) (Overtime opportunities available)
Shift: 8a – 4:30p (M-F)
Location: Paris, KY (Hybrid)
Position Type: Direct Hire
The Estimating Engineer is responsible for analyzing customer requirements, preparing an estimate of costs, and providing the customer with a quote in an accurate and timely manner.
- Analyze drawings, designs, specifications, and documentation to prepare bill of materials and cost estimates.
- Interpret all levels of requests for Quotation requirements from conceptual through design and manufacturing phases.
- Apply labor, material overhead, period costs, and profit requirements to each estimate.
- Maintain an effective line of communication with customers and internal departments to ensure customers are provided with excellent service.
- Provide improvement recommendations to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Collaborate with manufacturing to clarify requirements.
- Visit job sites for critical quotes and projects to identify requirements and potential problems.
- Review manufacturing and installer related feedback from customers to improve future quoting.
- Effectively communicate with Purchasing on buy-out items & freight charges
- Update cost templates to reflect tariffs, current steel prices, and other details.
- Conduct turnover meetings with Project management.
- Improve knowledge base of codes from different cities and states.
- Participate in the training and development of other Estimators.
- Maintain One Note file to capture history of changes and customer communications.
- Perform other job duties as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering preferred.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering considered.
- Working knowledge of engineering and design concepts of steel structures
- Effective interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Able to interpret and translate sketches, layouts, prints, and written requirements with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work seamlessly with customers, vendors, and other internal departments.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business communications, policies, procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondences and effectively present information to management and customers.
- Proficient in MS office suite with a strong understanding of Excel
- Ability to operate AutoCAD 2D
- SolidWorks or other 3D design is a plus.
- Experience with SAP2000 or equivalent structural analysis software
- Must have manual dexterity in both hands.
Malone Workforce Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.