Job ID: 299043
First Shift: 6:00 am – 4:30 pm
The Safety Supervisor is responsible to assist the efforts of the people and the processes involved in the development, implementation and engagement of plant safety/health programs and plant environmental compliance programs
• Provide safety, health, and environmental support to plant staff.
• Assist in managing safety and health programs to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local safety & health standards.
• Perform and assist in managing plant initiatives to improve safety including safety and environmental audits, behavior – based safety program, safety committee program, safety training, incident investigation, worker’s compensation program, etc.
Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years in manufacturing, logistics, or assembly plant experience.
1+ years strong leadership skills, Lead EHS or someone who has trained on Behavioral based safety systems.
5 – 10+ years of relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and training.
· Thorough understanding of OSHA regulations for general industry.
· Ability to assist all levels of the organization in understanding and complying with these. Understanding of environmental regulations.
· Ability to assist all levels of the organization in understanding and complying with these.
· Knowledge about d design and assembly of dry freight vans to the extent necessary to make high – level health, safety, and environmental decisions.
· Ability to perform basic first aid, emergency first aid including cardiopulmonary resuscitation and other activities consistent w with the first aid response program.
· Basic understanding of welding, spray painting, shot and glass bead blasting, assembly, and fabrication equipment operation to the extent that one can analyze hazards, and facilitate safety processes and programs.
· Effective communication skills including meeting interaction, one to one employee interactions, written communication, email, interdepartmental interactions, and cross – functional interactions.
· Effective training and facilitation skills including preparing for, presenting, and helping other people interact during meetings and training classes that may consist of 2 – 20 participants.
MALONE WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.