Job ID: 293046
Material Handler Openings in Summerville, Ladson, and North Charleston
Pay rate ranges 15.50-17.00/hour depending on location and experience
1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift options
Temp-Hire after completing 90 days!
Benefits immediately offered day 1!
Mission of the Position:
The employee is responsible for, but not limited to, ensuring the timely, economical and thorough processing of materials in the system.
- Promote, comply and adhere to safety standards and OSHA regulations
- Comply with quality standards
- Support and enforce the Client’s spirit
- Submit and support suggestions / ideas for improvement / Kaizen
- Adhere to 5S standards in area of responsibility
- Promote the Client’s Team Empowerment Program (S.T.E.P.)
- Comply with the emergency strategies set in place
- Execution of tasks and processes according to training manuals and work instructions
- On time processing of material flow
Essential Job Functions
- Time- and quality-oriented processing of material in the area of responsibility
- Implementation of tasks and processes according to work and job descriptions in the area of responsibility
- Filing and archiving of applicable paperwork
- Accurate documentation for the areas’ assigned systems
- Immediate reporting of all deviations from the target data or damages to the team leader
- Support during year-end inventory
- Material Handler duties as assigned (lifting up to 50lbs)
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned by management in accordance with skill level
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- 50% Competent Knowledge and Performance – Proven ability to apply knowledge and skills required for the job, without constant supervision.
- 75% Advanced Knowledge and Performance – Has the knowledge and skills to make improvements in the process. Has work experience, and can train others.
- 100% Expert Knowledge and Performance – Has the knowledge, skills, and expertise to develop strategies on the topic. Has work experience and can train others