Job ID: 220343
Great Dane is hiring multiple Full-Time Material Handlers & Assemblers in Terre Haute, IN! To be considered for these opportunities, apply with our Recruiting Partner, Malone Workforce Solutions. These are DIRECT HIRE positions!
- Safely operate a forklift and/or crane to move material throughout the shop as needed.
- Review any material shortages with both supervision and purchasing to determine how needs will be met either through rescheduling or expediting material.
- Monitor inventory stock inventory levels of standard fab components and subassemblies that are identified and approved as repetitive, high demand, items.
- Must be able to review and contain scrap material per NCN process
- Must be able to support containment execute nonconforming/scrap process
- Able to use RF gen
- Learn JDE system
- Performs other routine duties as needed.
STANDARDS: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform to the following Process, Quantity and Quality Standards:
- Employee must be able to accurately read a tape measure.
- Employee must be able to remember how to perform multiple tasks from day to day.
- Employee must be able to perform the physical requirements listed in that section of this job description.
- Employee must look for potential cost savings in the work process, help keep scrap and waste to a minimum and be efficient in use of all supplies.
- The employee must perform the assigned tasks in a manner in which they meet or exceed the required production level.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential functions and skills listed below:
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure and other measuring tools.
- Ability to work with hands.
- Aptitude to learn and retain new information.
- Ability to follow instructions, given either verbally or in writing.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to read a blueprints and manufacturing orders.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand and move about on concrete 8-10 hours a day. Ability to see, walk, bend, reach, grasp, stoop, kneel, twist, crawl, carry, climb (including ladders), work overhead, push and pull.
- Ability to do heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds) multiple times daily in an 8 to 10 hour shift.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness.
- The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Employees must wear all mandated PPE which includes at least protection for the eyes, ears, hands, head, body and feet.
These are DIRECT HIRE positions and they will fill up fast, apply now!
Malone and Great Dane are equal opportunity employers.