To Apply for this Job Click Here
Job ID: 138530
About the role:
Responsible for set-up and operation of the automatic palletizer, stretch wrap machine and related equipment. Takes full pallets, stretches them and puts on truck.
- Responsible for all operations of stocking palletizer with pallets, slip sheets, film wrap, segepar label, and ink ribbon.
- Responsible for all operations of palletizer to include clearing all of the machine errors during a production run.
- Responsible for stocking the production lines with cardboard, film, glue, and any other items requested by the shift leader.
- Record all quality control made during the shift on specific forms and give them back to the QC inspectors daily.
- Report any issues to the QC inspectors, which can affect the quality of the finished product.
- Responsible for the cleaning of their area after each shift.
- Responsible for returning all unused materials to its proper location with signed paperwork on each item and the restocking of materials for the new product run after each change over.
- Responsible for the daily check on the forklift to identify any maintenance needs and safety issues.
- Maintain clean and safe all specific areas:
- Free of any debris
- Defective product during a production run
- Include fixing any damaged pallets, or pallets not stacked properly
- Assist in new employee training
- All other duties assigned by management
- Able to read and neatly print, high school diploma or equivalent, strong ability to communicate with co-workers and supervisors.
- Treat others with tact and respect, regardless of their status or position.
- Act as a team member, maintain a harassment-free and bullying-free workplace, demonstrate honesty and integrity in workplace interactions with others.
- Understand diagrams, drawings and training presentations.
- Able to understand, use and explain the operation of any and all machine controls on equipment related to palletizer, including sensors, safety interlocks and emergency stops, computer screens.
- Understand power sources on all machines used and machine hazards.
- Ability to maintain awareness of surroundings and position relative to moving machinery, other employees, and forklifts.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide. Understanding of decimals and fractions.
- Recognition and use of numbers up to and beyond hundreds of thousands.
- Accurately record numbers on checklists and forms.
- Analyze and report numbers used in the production setting.
- Able to stand and walk on a concrete floor for on a continuous basis for the duration of the shift; climb industrial stairs and ladders and work at elevations on industrial platforms as necessary.
- Physically able to bend/stoop/squat/crouch/twist/climb/and balance as needed to ensure, or assist with, the continuous operation of the machinery.
- Able to lift, carry, push and pull objects of various sizes and up to 50 pounds from one level to another at varying heights.
- Perform repetitive finger, arm and upper body movements to reach or move materials or controls, able to turn head and neck to look over shoulder.
- Vision requirements include focus at different distances, color vision, depth perception, peripheral vision.
- The company will consider possible variations of such requirements as a reasonable accommodation if necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity.
Environmental Demands of the Position
- Work areasinclude different levels of noise, areas close to other forklifts, and close proximity to moving and powered industrial machinery which the company takes steps to guard adequately, and train employees of the related hazards involved.
- Heat and cold in the workplace, and water on floors and dripping water can occur.
- Driving forklift outside in a covered area, in different weather conditions including snow and rain.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including but not limited to hearing and eye protection are required in some parts of the workplace and when performing certain tasks.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Warehouse experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Primary Purpose of Position: Safely and efficiently perform all tasks related to the operation of high-speed, automated machinery system that stacks bottles, trays and boxes of products on to different pallets in various configurations. The system includes high-speed, automated, robotic equipment wrapping the stacked product in stretch film, and Segepar machines that perform production-counting and labeling of the stacked product. Use Forklift to remove product from the discharge of the palletizer and transport to the warehouse or other location as assigned. Perform all tasks in compliance with all company rules and practices of human safety, quality, food safety, and hygiene.