Feeling like there aren’t enough hours in your workday to accomplish everything on your to-do list? If you’re consistently leaving the office late each day with a pile of work to complete at home, it’s time to make a change. You may be able to significantly increase efficiency by simply implementing a few time management techniques.
5 Tips to Add More Time Into Your Workday
Put the following five time management techniques into action to get much-needed time back into your day:
- Delegate, delegate, delegate. If you feel like you’re knee-deep in work, lighten your load by delegating. Ask members of your team to help complete assignments you don’t personally need to work on yourself. Not only does this give you more time to focus on important tasks, it allows your team to broaden their experience into new areas.
- Prioritize your tasks. Rather than becoming stressed by trying to complete all of your assignments immediately ─ prioritize them. Concentrate on the most important tasks first, rather than wasting your time on low-priority items that can wait.
- Schedule your day. Take note of what you have going on for the day each morning prior to starting work ─ then schedule your day accordingly. Creating structure in your day allows you to better focus on your priorities. Be sure to allot in extra time for the unexpected, as you don’t want to run short on time if an issue suddenly arises during the day.
- Stay organized. If your desk is covered in stacks of papers and your files are organized haphazardly on your computer, it probably takes you a great deal of time to find anything. Add more time back into your day by making a point to get more organized.
- Minimize distractions. Rather than responding to every email as it arrives in your inbox and picking up the phone every time it rings, opt to communicate when it’s most convenient for you. Check your messages two or three times per day, so you’re not constantly interrupted. It’s also a good idea to carefully review all meeting requests to ensure you actually need to attend, as many organizers tend to include people with no reason to be there.
Looking for high-quality contingent staffers to add to your team? Contact the experienced recruiting experts at Malone. We are the perfect fit for clients who need a contingent workforce to augment peaks in demand, expansion efforts, special projects, or seasonal demands.